Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Yes...Finally...I did sumthing that I would never imagine doing.....!
I walked!
Hey..its a big deal k...especially since I'm a CAB person.
It all started after 15 mins of waiting and after two 199 buses. Yup full house...didn't want to stop for us poor souls waiting at the bus-stop outside NTU. And so some of these fustrated souls decide to walk in. After much deliberation.....I decided to join them. Not that I know them...I just walked closely behind them. Hey walking with company is definitely better than walking alone ok!
Its 8:07am, and so the journey begins...the pack is moving fast so my poor legs have to work extra hard to catch up with them. Maybe they have a class at 8:30am...unlike me whose first class is only starting at 10:30am. Don't ask me what I'm doing going to skul so early?!?! Hubby working morning shift..Go figure out!
I'm glad that I had company, as the first part of the walk...the stretch of road before the NTU entrance is rather a scary stretch. Road, pavement and forest beside the pavement. As usual I applaud my wild imagination that never fail to come active whenever I am feeling rather scared. I begin to imagine things. What if suddenly a monkey jumped out of the forest...Or worst what if a snake decides to take a walk out of the forest. Damn...! And so I pushed my poor legs to work even harder to keep up with the pace of the moving-train-speed pack.
Finally I reached NTU entrance...and only then I feel relieved. I was left all alone as apparently my pack of walking buddies were all from NTU and at the intersection we part. Goodbye dear frens...U have been great walking buddies..Not as if I'll recognise u if we were ever to meet again but that's beside the point.
And so I continue my journey along the stretch of road leading to NIE. I am perspiring...my blouse is soaked but I am enjoying myself. I do actually feel relaxed walking down that long road to NIE. And yes...I feel proud of myself whenever I pass a bus-stop full of Hall students waiting for the bus to get them to school. Another time another day I'll definitely be one of them...waiting for the bus too but right then I just want to walk and allow my mind to organise itself of all the things I need to do for the day.
At 8:35am I finally reached NIE. I took 28 mins to walk in...hey I'm still a novice at walking and I think its a good enough timing. Phew! That was one long, blouse soaking walk. But I definitely enjoyed myself. Maybe next time when hubby working morning shift again...I'll walk in again but of coz I must find some other victims to be my walking buddies. hehe!
Yes...I've exercised today!
Walking my way to healty living..hopefully I can continue doing it!



