Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Friday, September 30, 2005

Sumtimes I wonder wats the key to happiness.....
Love?
Friends?
Money?

Me and hubby survived the whole month only a single pay check. As he has moved on to a new company, his ex-company decided to hold back his pay. And so, we went thru the month on my salary which is not much, to tell the truth.

Being married, salary is no longer for enjoyment. Its for paying BILLS, BILLS and more BILLS. Its for paying off any loans that one might have. And that's what we did the moment I receive my salary. That left us with only $200 for the rest of the month!

This $200 is to be used for topping up EZ link card, filling hubby's bike with petrol, groceries for the home, daily meals in skul and work. My oh my....this amount is definitely far than enuff!

But then....we were happy. We had no money but we were still happy. Having no money, we cut off from eating out...hahaha that means I cooked everyday at home. Cool huh....but one thing for sure, after a 7am-6pm day and having to cook and clean up is sure a chore. That left me shacked! Lucky for me, hubby is more than willing to help out in the kitchen.

As days went by, I was wondering wat makes happiness. I'm beginning to think that money is the key to happiness. If I am rich, I dun have to think of ways to make money, ways to save money. I can enjoy my work for the work and not have to be stuck to one job just becoz of the money. I can go for holidays with hubby, with families, with frens. It means I can enjoy life if I have enuff money. Hubby no longer have to work OT and we will be able to spend more time at home with our kids (when we eventually have one). I can devote more of myself to religious activities like attending more religious class or going on a pilgrimage. And I can bring my family too.

So is money the key to happiness? Well...its sad to have to say it is. But the situation in Singapore is such that u need MONEY to survive. If I were living in some kampung in Msia, I could easily plant my own padi...vegetables, rear cows, chickens etc. I would be self sufficient. But that's not the situation in Singapore though. Every morning, throngs of people rush to work...every evening they come home shacked! What for...to find money of course! So where's the chance to take care of one own's child. Where's the chance to see the baby's first step?

So is money the key to happiness? What do u think?




Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby PicLilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.comGet awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com <body>

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com